Oh, Christmas Tree!

Oh, Christmas Tree!

January 31, 2011

grinding up stuff

It looks like it took me a whole week to catch up on last weekend's projects. I suppose that is better than how long it took to post pictures of the plastic welding. Last weekend I rototilled the backyard and "fixed" the drive way so it doesn't stick up 3" higher than the sidewalk. The rototiller was a bit of a trick to get running. Well, it needed new gas and some starter fluid. The engine still didn't run so well. Dad wanted me to replace the engine with a 6.5HP OHV (whatever that means) engine from harbor freight he had a coupon for. The thing works WAY better now.
You can see the old engine sitting behind it there.


BeforeAfter
We are now well on our way to getting a new lawn in. At this point I think I might not do built in sprinklers, just put a timer on the hose. I could of course install built-in sprinklers pretty quickly, if I knew where the water going under the cement went to. I might be overthinking this. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Impressive work! Do you do contracts in Oregon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's come a long way! I say put sprinklers in. Our last place we rented did not have built in sprinklers and it was the bane of our existence (or maybe Martin's grad applications were the bane of our existence... either way, it was stinky not to have sprinklers).

    ReplyDelete