After having my broken bumper in the back of my mind for, lets say, about 2 years. So now I've got plastic wielder and decided to get around to fixing stuff. First off was poor icecream maker lid that apparently wasn't safe for the bottom rack of the dishwasher. I found that wasn't really the best application of the new toy. It would have been much better application for a heat gun. Anyway, the first real project was to be fixing the bumper. Luckily had I around a decorative peice of my rear bumper I could practice on. After a little playing around I got the hang of it. I successfully fixed a tab that broke off the drivers side corner and mended a tear near the middle. For the second tear and for reinforcing my lovely assistant Julia came to help me hold the bumper while I reinforced the back. I've included pictures of what it looks like.
Now that I have got my feet wet I can't help but think of all the things in the world that are made out of plastic, things I can fix/manipulate. I find myself looking at the symbols on all kinds of plastic items to tell what it could be merged with. (don't believe me? just ask Julia)
Next projects: fix various things, add handles and a ladder to my sailboat (which is made of....plastic)
No comments:
Post a Comment